In order to be eligible for admission to any of the Jim Moran College limited-access programs, each student must meet the following requirements:
- Admitted to Florida State University
- Completed at least 52 semester hours
- Cumulative GPA on all college work of at least 2.70
- Completion of all required prerequisites coursework with at least a grade of C minus or better (see below)
- Submission of a completed JMC major application prior to the posted deadline (see below)
Students, including transfer students, must apply by the posted deadline and be committed to the 2-year curriculum (no courses are guaranteed to be offered in the summer). Admission decisions will be based on academic achievement, evidence of prior entrepreneurial activity, and a compelling essay describing why you want to be an entrepreneur. Students must complete the admission requirements for this limited access program no later than the end of their sophomore year in order to be considered for admission to the major.
Prerequisite coursework with a grade of “C-” or better in each course (or its equivalent):
- ECO X013 (3) Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO X023 (3) Principles of Microeconomics
- LDR XXXX (3) Any Leadership Course
- MAC 1105 (3) College Algebra or higher math
- STA 2023 (3) Business Statistics
The Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship will also host a few application workshops. Dates and times for these workshops will be posted in advance.
January 12th in person from 4-5pm
Roderick K Shaw (RSB) 150
January 25th virtual from 5-6pm
- Commercial Entrepreneurship (new Automotive Franchising Track available)
- Retail Entrepreneurship
- STEM Entrepreneurship
Applications for all JMC majors are available every November. Deadline to apply each year is February 1. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Apply today by clicking the button below! Learn more about the application process by attending one of the application workshops mentioned above.