The Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship welcomes a new Master of Science degree in Entrepreneurship with a major in Social and Sustainable Enterprises. Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship’s MSE Social and Sustainable Enterprises will prepare students to help companies meet the demands of today without jeopardizing future generations. Throughout this online program, students will be taught by Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) leaders and industry professionals to create, manage, and lead social and sustainable enterprises.
The GRE requirement is being waived until 2026.
Admission to graduate study at Florida State University is a two-fold evaluation process. The Office of Admissions determines eligibility for admission to the University, and the academic department determines admissibility to the degree program. Final admission to the University is subject to approval by the Office of Admissions. The minimum university graduate admission requirement is all students must hold a bachelor’s or graduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a comparable degree from an international institution.
We admit students to our main-campus graduate program for fall semester only. Admissions decisions will be sent via email to the email address included in your application. Early Decision: March 1. Applications close: July 1.
- Complete and submit the University Admissions Office’s Online Application. Materials to be submitted within the application are as follows:
- Current Resume or C.V.
- Applicant Statement Questions (online form)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – at least one academic reference letter is required (recommendation letters are submitted electronically through the online application)
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $30. Applications will not be reviewed until the fee has been paid
- Submit a completed Residency Affidavit. All applicants must submit this form, which is completed online through the application portal
- Arrange for copies of official transcripts to be sent from each college or university attended. These must come from the schools; student copies of unofficial transcripts are not acceptable for formal admission
- Unofficial or student copies are acceptable to evaluate applications, but official transcripts directly from the institutions are required for formal admission to Florida State University
- Current or recently graduated FSU students are not required to submit official transcripts, unless you have attended other institutions after graduating from FSU
- International applicants: Official English Language Proficiency results are required of all international applicants whose native language is not English. Please visit FSU’s Graduate School International Admissions website to view more information.
The MSE degree, with a major in Social and Sustainable Enterprises, requires a total of 30 credit hours:
The current core curriculum (9 credit hours) required to be taken by all MSE students includes the following:
- ENT5128 Strategy Formulation (3 hrs)
- ENT5216 Foundations in Entrepreneurship and Leadership (3 hrs)
- ENT5417 Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs (3 hrs)
All MSE Social and Sustainable Enterprise students are required to take the following major curriculum (15 credit hours):
- ENT5516 Measuring ESG Impact (3 hrs)
- ENT5806 Sustainable Value Chains in a Net Zero World (3 hrs)
- ENT5634 Systems Thinking: Solving Wicked Problems (3 hrs)
- ENT5805 Leveraging Technology to Achieve Social and Sustainable Goals (3 hrs)
Social and Sustainable Enterprise students are required to take 6 hours of elective coursework. Elective options include the following, but are not limited to:
- COA5400 Consumers in a Complex Marketplace (3 hrs)
- CTE5471 Sustainability and Human Rights in the Business World (3 hrs)
- ENT5942 Graduate Internship (3 hrs)
- ENT5XXX The Corporate Entrepreneur (3 hrs)
- ENT5517 Raising ESG & Impact Capital (3 hrs)
- HMG5229 Ethics in Management (3 hrs)
- HMG5465 Hospitality Financial Management (3 hrs)
- HMG5466 Hospitality Revenue Management (3 hrs)
- HMG5655 Franchising and Management Agreements (3 hrs)
International Experience Curriculum
An international program (IP) experience is highly encouraged. The following IP opportunities are available throughout the year:
- Textiles and Apparel in Florence, Italy
- Exploring Hospitality Entrepreneurship in Florence, Italy
- Supply Chain in Panama City, Panama
- Hospitality Management in Valencia, Spain
The online MSE Social and Sustainable Enterprises program requires 30 credit hours. Distance students typically pay tuition plus a distance learning fee. Tuition for distance students reflects several fee reductions and waivers: FSU waives student health, transportation, and facilities use fees for distance students and significantly reduces athletics and activities/services fees.
Florida residents: $444.26 (tuition only) per credit hour. This rate does not include additional distance learning fees associated with each class, which could be up to $150 per course.
Non-Florida Residents: $1,075.66 (tuition only) per credit hour. This rate does not include additional distance learning fees associated with each class, which could be up to $150 per course.
Costs are subject to change. Fees do not include some per-term fees. For a breakdown of student fees, visit the university’s Tuition Rates page.
You may also visit Florida State’s financial aid website for more information on types of financial aid.