Our mission is to inspire innovation, instill compassion and ignite an entrepreneurial mindset in the next generation of leaders.
The revolutionary and highly experiential Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship is dedicated to teaching those who wish to embark on an entrepreneurial journey. The entrepreneurship major has been offered at FSU Tallahassee and Panama City since the beginning of fall semester 2017. We attract students across disciplines and provide them with the education and skills they need to become entrepreneurs. The Jim Moran College’s major focal areas are: Commercial Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship, Retail Entrepreneurship, STEM, Arts and the Humanities, Allied Health and applied disciplines such as law, education, criminology and social work.
Whether you dream of starting a tech company, social enterprise, nutrition business or apparel boutique, the college will inspire and prepare you by providing:
• A rich curriculum for both entrepreneurship majors and minors
• An environment that promotes entrepreneurial thinking, hands-on learning and real-life experience through business mentoring, networking and internships
Entrepreneurs in Residence, who are successful professionals, provide coaching and expertise to accelerate the launch and success of student startups.
Undergraduate Majors in Entrepreneurship
The Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship is a limited-access program. Contacts are listed within links below.
- Commercial Entrepreneurship (Tallahassee and Panama City Campus)
- Social Entrepreneurship (Tallahassee, no longer accepting majors as of Fall 2020)
- Retail Entrepreneurship (Tallahassee)
- STEM Entrepreneurship (Tallahassee)
Graduating students will receive a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts from Florida State University.
Undergraduate Minors in Entrepreneurship
The Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship awards several entrepreneurship minors and will continue to add minors through collaboration with other colleges and programs. To view all entrepreneurship minors, please visit our minors page. Students that complete a minor will receive a certificate in the mail after all minor courses have been fulfilled and a minor application has been received. Applications can be found on the minors page and should only be submitted after all courses have been completed.
Graduate Majors in Entrepreneurship
The Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship offers the following master's programs. Please contact Kaylee Blanchard if you have any questions.
- Textiles and Apparel Entrepreneurship (main-campus)
- Product Development (main-campus)
- Social and Sustainable Enterprises (online)
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship (online, collaboration with the Dedman College of Hospitality at Florida State University)
Graduating students will receive a Master of Science in Retail Entrepreneurship or a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship from Florida State University.
Main Campus Location
Roderick K. Shaw Building
644 W Call St
Tallahassee, FL 32306
Jim Moran Building
111 S Monroe St
Tallahassee, FL 32301