Admission to graduate study at Florida State University is a two-fold evaluation process. The Office of Admissions determines eligibility for admission to the University, and the academic department determines admissibility to the degree program. Final admission to the University is subject to approval by the Office of Admissions. The minimum university graduate admission requirement is all students must hold a bachelor’s or graduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a comparable degree from an international institution.
We admit students to our main-campus graduate program for fall semester only. Admissions decisions will be sent via email to the email address included in your application. Deadline: July 1.
- Complete and submit the University Admissions Office’s Online Application. Materials to be submitted within the application are as follows:
- Current Resume or C.V.
- Applicant Statement Questions (online form)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – at least one academic reference letter is required (recommendation letters are submitted electronically through the online application)
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $30. Applications will not be reviewed until the fee has been paid
- Submit a completed Residency Affidavit. All applicants must submit this form, which is completed online through the application portal
- Arrange for copies of official transcripts to be sent from each college or university attended. These must come from the schools; student copies of unofficial transcripts are not acceptable for formal admission
- Unofficial or student copies are acceptable to evaluate applications, but official transcripts directly from the institutions are required for formal admission to Florida State University
- Current or recently graduated FSU students are not required to submit official transcripts, unless you have attended other institutions after graduating from FSU
- Take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or an equivalent nationally standardized graduate admission test. Request to have test scores sent to FSU
- International applicants: TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for students who did not earn an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking country